This graduated set of eight English copper saucepans, comes together with five lids. All were probably made for a country house kitchen during the middle years of the 19th century (circa 1860). Each of the saucepans has a riveted iron handle and tinned interior. The largest of the saucepans has a diameter of 30 cm and the smallest has a 12 cm diameter. Ranged between are six saucepans with diameters of 27 cm, 20 cm, 17 cm, 15 cm, 14 cm and 13 cm. The five similarly handled lids range in size from 36.5 cm to 20 cm but sadly only two fit snuggly with an equivalent saucepan. The group was assembled some thirty years ago by the owner of a well known Suffolk pub. The second largest of the saucepans has "Diss" stamped into its base while the smallest of the lids is stamped "C T Baker - Holt", thus reinforcing the group's East Anglian connections.