Love Antiques offers a wide selection when it comes to antique mirrors. When you buy antique vintage mirrors online, you have a variety of options to choose from. At times, these choices can get overwhelming, but we offer a range of tools that you can use to simplify your search for the perfect vintage mirror for your home, or anywhere you need it. When you are looking for a vintage mirror, we connect you with the seller, and you can speak to them directly if you have any questions about the item they have for sale. You will find a large selection of antique mirrors for sale from reputable dealers throughout Europe, and the buying process is made easy by being able to speak to the antique dealer directly. To find out more about how the Love Antiques website works, click here and look at our FAQ page. Browse our high-quality inventory for the best deals for antique and vintage mirrors for sale from the largest online selection at LoveAntiques.com
Introduction to Buying Antique Mirrors
Not all antique mirrors are the same. In fact, there are many fraudulent websites out there that claim to sell vintage mirrors when in fact they are not. When you refer to antique style mirrors for sale, these are the ones that date back to at least 100 years. Many factors are used to appraise value in the market and offer insight into the antique mirror’s true value. Learn about old antique mirrors to acquire a wider knowledge of the types that tend to increase in value as they age. Get reference books on antique and vintage mirrors from your local library or bookstores or subscribe to antique-inspired magazines. Another great tip is to browse flea markets and antique stores for similar mirrors to use in comparison. Use the internet to gather information about your aged mirrors through informational websites and sellers offering comparable items.
We Have Many Different Styles of Antique Vintage Mirrors for Sale
Antique mirrors add a distinctive accent to any space. Framed antique mirrors are valuable because of its rarity, history and classic beauty. No wonder antique mirrors for sale are quite popular! We can provide you with a wide range of style options, especially since the antique mirrors the UK have today are purchased for their aesthetic value. Whether you are looking for large antique mirrors or those made in the 19th century, we have all the categories that you can use to narrow down your search.
- Gothic Mirrors – One of our most sought-after antique style mirrors for sale. These mirrors were manufactured in the 12th to the 16th centuries, also known as the Medieval Gothic revival era. The 19th century, on the other hand, is the period of the Victorian Gothic style. Most of the vintage mirrors for sale feature a few key characteristics: dark wood frames, pointed arches, and ornate carvings.
- Baroque Mirrors – Are an equally popular style of antique mirror. The style dates back to the 17th century to the middle of the 18th century. When you buy a Baroque antique style mirror, you will find items that are made from materials like walnut or oak. They are also accented by gold or silver frames. They do have carvings but are not as ornate as the Gothic ones.
- Georgian – This style of antique mirror dates back from the early 18th century to the mid-19th century. You can easily distinguish this type of mirror with its rectangular shape and paler style (as compared to previous eras).
- Victorian – The vintage mirrors from this era are known for their contrasting elements. Some use dark wood while others are painted white. There are also vintage mirrors that have ornate designs and others with simplistic styles.
- Art Nouveau – The art deco mirrors from the mid century era of the 19th and 20th centuries are some of the most unique styles we offer. At Love Antiques, you can buy a vintage wall mirror that features pewter frames, beveled glass, sinuous lines, and nature-inspired motifs, among others.
- Edwardian – The Edwardian era is the first decade of the 20th century. This is one of the styles we have available in our collection of vintage mirrors for sale. It is characterised by its use of delicate colours and style.
Determining the Value when Buying a Vintage Mirror
When you want to buy antique vintage mirrors online, like any other collectible, vary in value. In order to find the correct value for your mirror, you need to know when it was made, who made it, how common it is and, most importantly, the current market value. You cannot know the true value of your mirror until you find its market value. To do this, you must research. To determine the price of an antique mirror, you can chat with a professional appraiser who regularly evaluates antiques and vintage pieces who can help you determine the market value of your old mirrors.
Buy Antique Mirrors with Confidence from Love Antiques
When buying antique mirrors for sale, choose only reputable sites like Love Antiques. We are a legitimate site offering thousands of vintage products from various antique dealers. For anybody to buy or sell antique mirrors on the Love Antiques website, they first must register an account with us which is simple to do and free of charge for buyers, you can register a buying account by clicking here. If you are an antique dealer and are interested in opening a sellers account or would like more information, please click here. We will thoroughly vet all sellers accounts to ensure that only reliable and reputable antique dealers can sell their antiques on the Love Antiques website. We want to give buyers the peace of mind and confidence that the antique mirror for sale that they like and wish to purchase is genuine and comes from a reputable source. There is no better place to purchase antique mirrors than Love Antiques, the marketplace where antique buyers and dealers work hand in hand to provide our customers the best antique shopping experience.