Windsor House Antiques
Late 19th Century Silver Plated Wall Scones Signed Elkington & Co
REF: 7914 / LA77834
Of nautical interest, silver plated wall scones signed Elkington & Co. The central cartouche of a rampant lion. The tops surmounted with an anchor. Elkington & Co was founded by George Richards Elkington and his brother, Henry Elkington, in the 1830s. It operated under the name G. R. Elkington & Co. until 1842, when a third partner, Josiah Mason, joined the firm. It operated as Elkington, Mason, & Co. until 1861, when the partnership with Mason was terminated. The firm operated independently as Elkington & Co. from 1861 until 1963. It was then taken over by British Silverware, Ltd.. In 1971 British Silverware, Ltd. became a subsidiary of Delta Metal Co. Ltd. Over the course of history it became very successful and was one of the prime producers of silver plating. Elkington received various royal warrants of appointments, and also an Imperial and Royal Warrant of Appointment from the emperor of Austria. One of their most famous pieces is the electrotype copy of the Jerningham Wine Cooler, at the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Windsor House Antiques has clarified that the Late 19th Century Silver Plated Wall Scones Signed Elkington & Co (LA77834) is genuinely of the period declared with the date/period of manufacture being 1880
Please contact Windsor House Antiques for delivery of this item.