The most valuable VHS’ in the world
LoveAntiques.com has commissioned a VHS expert to compile a list of the most expensive VHS’ in the world. Along with the list, our expert has offered some helpful tips to prospectus VHS investors, on what to look out for when buying a VHS as a collectable or investment.
Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (JVI) £1,500
The Beast in Heat (JVI) £1,200
The Legend of Hillbilly John (Rainbow) £1,000
Journey Into Beyond (Citycenta GO) £1,000
Lemora, Lady Dracula (IFS) £900
Don't Open the Window (Films of the 80s) £900
Flesh Eaters (Knockout) £800
Black Decameron (Intervision) £800
Curse of Death (Knockout) £700
Farewell Africa (Fletcher) £600
House of Perversity (GO) £600
Anthropophagus the Beast (Video Shack) £500
Hitchhike to Hell (VRO) £500
Devil Hunter (Cinehollywood) £500
Nightmare Maker (Atlantis) £400 - alternative orange sleeve
Madhouse (Medusa) £250 - alternative sleeve, cartoon dog at top
The Evil Dead (Palace) £200 - not guilty sleeve variant with 'free meat' flyer inside
The Love Butcher (Intervision) £200 - full carton
Eegah (Trytel) £500
- Betrayed (Taboo) £1,100
- Celestine (GO) £1,100
- Sisters of Blood (Alpha) £700
- Cannibal Man (Intervision) £500
- Gallery of Horror (Trytel) £500
- Tomb of the Undead (Trytel) £300
- Avoid common mainstream titles that were released on labels such as Cinema Club and 4Front, because these would have been mass produced and are worth ‘next to nothing’.
- Aim for films that have never been released on DVD or Blu-ray and are original ex-rentals’.
- The most valuable VHS tapes are the ones deemed as one-offs, released in small batches within the ‘video nasties’ category and on micro-budget labels such as Knockout and Trytel.
- Pre-classification titles are generally more valuable than post-classification VHS’.
VHS’ now come under the category ‘antech’. This specifically refers to modern forms of technology that were manufactured no earlier than the 1970’s but are no longer mass produced or sold. Please refer to our Antech (Vintage Technology) page for more information.
Why not search some of our antiques: Antique Furniture, Antique Jewellery, Antique Silver
Thanks to Channex.io for the help with this article.
Get alerts of the antiques that interest you as soon as they are uploaded